Can charges be filed on a 17 year old girl having sexual relations with a 14 year old boy in the State of California?

Sacramento, CA |

Basically I would like to know how and what I would need to do to have this matter considered? I know of a 17 year old girl having sex with a 14 year old boy...

Who do I call to report this & what are the best ways to having myself be heard???? Any lawyers available to call me PLEASE do, I appreciate you all, thank you..

You should look at Penal Code sections 261.5 (b) and (c) which makes having sex with a minor by any person (not just an adult) a misdemeanor if the age difference is less than 3 years or a felony if more than 3 years. If you have some genuine basis for this accusation you could report it to the police or the DA. If you don't you should go back to minding your own business.

Thank you Mr. Kaman.. When you have time Mr Kaman, could you please call me? I do not want to expose to much online, you know what I mean?

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

You've probably "exposed"enough already.

Can people see my comments I post back to you? The 14 year old is my brother, he has been missing since November 14th, 2012... He is living with his girlfriend & her family.. I am wanting to file charges against the mother as well for harboring a minor. So what are some genuine basis? & I would just call the police or district attorney & say that I would like to file a statutory rape case??

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

People can see everything you post here so don't post any more.

Can it be deleted?

If the 17 year old is more than 3 years older, it is a felony. If the 17 year old is less than 3 years older, it is a misdemeanor. It is a serious crime that can cause a lot of issues in the future, such as sex offender registration and mandatory sex counseling.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131
www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.