Skip to main content

Can anyone suggest a good attorney for a EDD issue?

Huntington Beach, CA |

I appealed a case where they said I made a false statement because after receiving benefits for approx. 10 months I applied for an extension and then they said the employer said I quit when in fact I said it was a mutual agreement.
I won the appeal on the first case but not the extension case and they are asking me to pay back approx. $2k plus penalty. I was under the impression I didn't have to pay anything back because when I rcvd the court's decisions it did not state I had to pay anything. I didn't realize they still wanted me to pay something until I got a statement way after the 20 day period for filing an appeal so I wrote to them and they dismissed my "untimely filed board appeal". Now my only option is superior court Writ of Mandate. It's very complicated at this point.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is an appeal process.

Check with a lawyer - after you read the link above - in your locale of Huntington Beach to discuss more of the details.

At the hearing, you will have an opportunity to tell your side of the story to the administrative law judge. It is a straightforward process and you don't need to be represented by a lawyer unless you want one (and are willing to pay for him or her). Be sure to research the law carefully and assemble all of the most important facts and documents ahead of time.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.