Elements of misappropriating ID to obtain money (what the state would have to prove):
1. The person acted intentionally (either knew or should have known what s/he was doing was wrong) ;
2. The person used, attempted to use, or possessed with intent to use another person's identity (identifying info or personal ID);
3. Without consent of the other person;
4. Further, the person represented s/he was the other person;
5. Finally, the person did all this to obtain credit, money, goods, services, employment, or any other thing of value or benefit.
The text of the statute is as follows:
(2) Whoever, for any of the following purposes, intentionally uses, attempts to use, or possesses with intent to use any personal identifying information or personal identification document of an individual, including a deceased individual, without the authorization or consent of the individual and by representing that he or she is the individual, that he or she is acting with the authorization or consent of the individual, or that the information or document belongs to him or her is guilty of a Class H felony:
(a) To obtain credit, money, goods, services, employment, or any other thing of value or benefit .
Again, good luck!