Can any attorney appear in court for me & convert speeding ticket to non moving violation. I'll pay fine and attorney fee

Battle Creek, MI |

On I-94 in Calhoun County, Michigan, I got speeding ticket. Speed limit: 70 mph, my speed: 86 mph. It think it is state civil infraction because "State of Michigan - Uniform Law Citation" is printed on top of the ticket. I'm Ontario, Canada resident. Cop told me the fine would be $86 but when I called the court clerk she told me a different amount/fine and 3 demerit points. This is confusing.
I am ready to get services of any attorney who practice in Calhoun county, MI and who help me to convert the speeding ticket to non-moving violation ticket so that demerit points do not affect my insurance premium and driving record.

You need to hire an attorney at once. Dont fool with this as you need proper representation.

You are doing the right thing by trying to avoid points. Points cause your insurance premiums to sky-rocket. You will want to contact an attorney for representation. Michigan has a couple of civil infractions on the books which do not appear on your record and do not carry points. Our firm has negotiated to have traffic tickets which carry points to non-point violations such as impeding traffic, blocking traffic or double parking. The court may still get you for fines and costs with these reduced charges but your record remains clear.

ABDO LAW
Criminal and Drunk Driving Lawyers
Phone 586-412-5555