Skip to main content

Can an out of status(F-1) for 5 months get a Driver License?

Los Angeles, CA |

well I have an I - 20 for Fall 2012 and valid visa . . but for some reason i quit college . . will i be accepted to get a driver silence ? . . and does the DIV check my immigration status during the process ? ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova


You are required to be in status before a driver's license is issued in most jurisdictions.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2


Probably not.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer