Skip to main content

Can an illegal immigrant receive military spouse benefits?

Orland Park, IL |

I will soon be getting married to my boyfriend of 5 years and we wanted to know if once his deployment is over I will be able to live on base with him and receive military benefits since I am an illegal immigrant. I have been her since I was one and we are planning on applying for my residency

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should have your boyfriend ask if you eligible for any benefits. Regarding your immigration status, if you entered illegally there are procedures that allow for USICS to do a parole in place to allow you to apply for legal residency in the United States. Parole in place procedures may differ from district to district. Consult a local experienced immigration attorney to properly advice you and to inform you of the local parole in place procedure. Good luck.


I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.