Skip to main content

Can an eviction be overturned if it comes to light that your rent was paid but yet manager was stealing your money as you paid?

Tampa, FL |

I moved into a trailer park in August 2012, I was paying my rent using money orders and getting receipts, then I was paying my rent in cash because it was easier and was told that my rent was not paid for a week and I knew it was, but then it has now come to light that the park manager was stealing tenants money that were paying in cash for rent. My eviction has been completed and so forth but can I now go to the courts and address this to get my eviction overturned and removed off of my record? The park manager was telling people paying cash she would bring the receipt to them when she did her nightly walk before closing the office, I never got mine but figured it was being processed as I had never had a problem before.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If there was a fraud on the court, you can go back to have the court revisit the issue. If you are out of the property, you wont be getting possession again. If there is any pending claim for rental than monies you paid would be relevant to that pending claim. Seek some legal help.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505


A judgment can be vacated upon a showing of fraud. It is not a simple matter and I recommend that you have an attorney file the necessary documents. You will need proof that the property manager received your cash payments.

I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer