Skip to main content

Can an adult child of a now deceased naturalized US citizen apply for permanent residence?

Whittier, CA |

My friend lives in Bulgaria. Her father immigrated to the USA 20 years ago and became a naturalized citizen residing in LA. Father passed away 2 weeks ago. Father never filed a petition for his daughter (my friend). Can daughter NOW apply for immigration (green card) based on the fact that her father (now deceased) was a naturalized US citizen? Thank you,

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 3


Not in the USA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


No, based on the facts you provide.

Legal disclaimer: (714) 479-1000 Mr. Zapata's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Zapata's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer