Skip to main content

Can a undocumented lady now 63 yrs old get some sort of authorized humanitarian hardship petition allowing to visit w/ 90 yr Mom

Ware, MA |

My significant other whom resides in FL presently and I hope to join her when healthy enough to undergo two/one major surgery has not been able to see her Mother in 25 yrs and time is running out - her Mom has serious health issues & just turned 90 years old. My significant other whom WELL over stayed her visa has not been able to visit brothers/sisters and her own Mother in fear if she travels to Brazil she will not be allowed to come home. My significant other whom I first met in April 2007 stayed and was instrumental in helping me from a near death 3 month battle for my life. She did not leave me and stuck by my side giving me the inspiration to get better and live. She does not have the money for the airfare but she does have many family & friends and we would all chip in to help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

In this environment of mass deportation and a legislature disincline to grant any leeway to undocumented persons, it is not advisable for your friend to leave the country, if she wishes to return to the US. A genuine marriage might resolve at least a part of her documentation problem. However, speak to an immigration law attorney for solid advice about your situation. You should re-post this question under Immigration Law.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and it is not intended as legal advice. Additionally, this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to obtain legal advice specific to your case, please consult with a local attorney


Not in the USA. We do not have humanitarian petitions. We have a humanitarian parole petition, but it would be an uphill battle to get it under these facts.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Unfortunately not in the present harsh anti illegal immigration and zero tolerance policy, nor under the facts you have presented. Sorry.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Unfortunately, it does not look promising based on the lawyers who have given you good advice already, you can always consult a local attorney for a second opinion though, good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer