Skip to main content

Can a stock security be entirely lost in a REVERSE STOCK SPLIT when the company subsequently becomes profitable?

Waldorf, MD |

I entirely lost all 114 shares of securities (stocks) in a reverse stock split in a NYSE registered foreign company about 10 years ago. I was neither given the opportunity to sell my remaining shares after the first split nor was I furnished any report of my losses by either my broker or the company. The company is now very profitable after it has been sold two times. What can I legally do after all these years about these losses since the company is now financially thriving?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Consult with a corporate securities attorney to determine whether you have a claim.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.


I would need additional facts to be positive, but 10 years is probably too long to bring a claim to recover your investment losses. Any claim you have is probably barred by the statute of limitations. That is why talking to an investment fraud lawyer is a must immediately after you suffer losses from financial misconduct. Talk to an investment fraud lawyer to determine whether your claims are barred by the statute of limitations. Good luck!