Can a state college recede a grant without any reason?

Jacksonville, FL |

Florida State College at Jacksonville awarded me a Blue Wave grant. The grant covered 91% of the classes. I happily paid the difference. I paid the difference six weeks or so before my classes begun. A week before my classes begun, they receded the grant with no reason. I was in good academic standing. I hadn't withdrawn from my classes. My classes were paid. I had a zero balance; that balance became the amount of what was awarded to me with the grant. Yet, my profile still showed that I was awarded the grant. Amazingly, I can't get a response as to why. Does this fall under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Thank you in advance for your time!

If you have not done so already, write the financial director and ask them why the grant was rescinded. Send the request certified mail, RRR. There may be a legitimate reason why, such as they believe you gave incorrect information on your application. It is impossible to suggest that there may be a discriminatory reason why without more information from you.