Can a single member LLC merge with a corporation in the state of texas?

Best Answer

Many states allow for mergers or conversions of LLC's -- Texas being one of them. See the link below to Texas website with Q&A on such transactions to assist you: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/mergersfaqs.shtml

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

You are likely to get more, and better, answers if you re-post under TX because most CA lawyers are not familiar with TX law.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, it can. There is a Secretary of State form that you can fill out online. But I recommend you consult an attorney and a tax professional before you simply do it yourself.

This answer provides general legal information and should not be construed as legal advice to be applied to any specific factual situation. It is not intended to create and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The attorney writing this post is licensed in Texas and Washington only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ.