Skip to main content

Can a quitclaim deed be filed with grantee's address as private?

Kissimmee, FL |

The grantee in this situation does not want their address shown on the document in public records. Can it be filed and be legal without the address being shown?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The purpose of the address on the deed is to show the tax collector where to send the tax bill. If privacy is important to you, you can rent a post office box.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


Florida Statutes do not specifically require the grantee's residential address, but the individual counties may have their own requirements for recorded deeds. The best course of action is to call the clerk for the county where the property is located and find out what their particular requirements are for information. As Attorney Deason points out, they have to be able to reach the property owner for tax role purposes.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.


Yes - you may use a PO Box.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer