Skip to main content

Can a proof of service by mail for a request for order in a child custody case in torrance ca be filed at the downtown la branch

Los Angeles, CA |

I would like to know if its possible sense they are all la county branches they might be able to forward it.

*since not sense....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The short answer is "no." The clerk's office has a hard enough time getting a document filed correctly in the same courthouse! :) Just re-file the Proof of Service in Torrance if you can.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.


No, they won't.


The clerks' offices are essentially specific to their courthouse and you need to insure your documents, including the POS for an RFO, are filed at the courthouse where the case is set absent directives to the contrary by court or local rule. The courts lack the resources to be able to handle documents alternatively typically.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer