Skip to main content

Can a probation officer give you house arrest without asking the judge

Las Vegas, NV |

just because he says he came to my house after curfew which he did and both times he knocked like a little girl and we had agreed that when he did come knocking he would announce himself because of the neighborhood hood i live in.. now he saying he came by 4 times which is not true.. so now he says guess what your going to do house arrest and guess what on another thing your going to haft to pay for it.. i cant afford that i already got classes im paying for maintenance fees for community service plus supervision fees.. how can he make me pay for it

yes he just imposed it , i have been on the sentinell offender services house arrest now for over 4 days and im paying 9.32 a day

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is a general condition that allows the PO wide discretion to supervise you. However, house arrest should be ordered by the judge. Just remember the PO could also file a notice of revocation if he deems you to be in violation.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.



so what would you recommend i do

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer