Skip to main content

Can a police report be filed the day after a fender bender?

Venice, FL |

minimal damage to both vehicles. both parties agreed at the time not to call the police.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You can certainly contact the police department in the area where the accident occurred. It will be up to them what if anything they are willing to do after the fact. My guess is that they will not be much interested, since there isn't much more they can do other than talk to you.


Go in to police station and get a counter report.


Yes. Call the police department to file same.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


You can also download a form from the DHSMV website, print it out, fill it out and mail it to Tallahassee.

No attorney-client relationship is intended by this answer.


I concur with my colleagues. Sounds like the easiest thing to do is to take Attorney Lee's advice.

Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer