Skip to main content

Can a person with a pending ( VAWA ) I - 360 and I - 485 travel outside the country and return using Advance Parole ?

Dallas, TX |

The I-360 and I-485 have been accepted for processing and are pending, and an I-131 Advance Parole document has been granted.

I would add that there are no overstay issues (in status at all times).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Assuming you have no overstay issues, then yes.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


In theory yes. Its always risky though to travel out of country if you were out of status prior to you applying for VAWA. Nevertheless, USCIS will usually not issue the AP unless your eligible for parole.


I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova