Skip to main content

Can a person who is convicted of a felony drug charge become a clinical psychologist in the state of Missouri?

Kansas City, MO |

A class B manufacturing charge from seven years ago. I have served my time and turned my life around and maxed out on this charge.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm not sure, but you can certainly contact the Missouri Division of Professional Registration.

Hope this helps.

This website is intended to provide general information concerning legal issues in the state of Missouri. It is not the purpose of this site to contact individuals known to be in need of legal services of any particular type. Commercial solicitations are permitted by the Missouri Rules of Professional Conduct, but are neither submitted to nor approved by the Missouri Bar or the Surpreme Court of Missouri. Further, in offering this information to the public, it is not intended to create, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between any individual and The Van Leunen Law Firm, LLC or its members. An attorney-client relationship is only created upon review of the specific information in a case, acceptance of that case by a firm attorney, and payment of the required attorney's fees or retainer.


It is within their authority to deny application. It may be that upon review, they deem you to be sufficiently rehabilitated, but as I read the statute, it is a case by case determination.

As the other gentleman suggested, it would be a good idea to make a call to find out what they say. Use someone else's phone or a blocked number if you like, but such a conversation can be extremely valuable to decidiing how to proceed.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me through the contact information on my website. This is a general description of legal rules practices, and is not intended to be relied upon as legal counsel in this particular situation. There is no attorney-client relationship established by the answering of this question, and no expectation of representation in offering this general information.