Skip to main content

Can a person be sued if a tenant rents a room in his house, does drugs with a minor and they get busted or have an accident?

Oak View, CA |

If an adult child pays rent for a room, has a party at which some minors attend and later a minor or an adult gets pulled over and is arrested, is the landlord libel/culpable? If anyone gets into a car accident and hurts themselves or others, can the landlord get sued for damages?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The landlord may be liable if the minor injures someone in an accident if the landlord knew of the drug use. Otherwise, the adult child and the minor are acting on their own.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer