Skip to main content

Can a person be charged as an adult if the crime was committed while still a minor?

Sussex, NJ |

In relation to drug charges, herion distribution. My daughter is an addict who bought and sold to support the habbit. She moved out of state 1 year ago, signed into rehab while still 17 and has been clean now for 3+ months. She turned 18 three weeks ago, and today police searched my home looking for her. Will she be charged as an adult or as a minor?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Since she is currently 18, she will be charged as an adult. The rule is that you are charged as an adult if you are 18 at the time of the offense.

John Yetter


That will most likely depend on her age when the alleged offense occurred.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer