Skip to main content

Can a owner of the house you rent torment you ? Sexual harass , harass , and stalk you? Cause I'm not interested in him .

Buckeye, AZ |

The owner of the house has been sexual Harassing me and harassing and stalking me. He has left letters on my door. Also recently lots of emails . And Sunday June 2, 2013 at 11:05am drove by. But saw my son and I out front of the house. And he took the closest side street so he wouldn't be seen by my son. Now after a whole year not having a lease. I received a lease in my mailbox on Monday June 3, 2013 for me to sign. I'm single and on disability . I have all documents. And messages saved. I don't know this man well enough of what he's capable of doing. He's from Colorado and lives here too. He owns a lot of homes here in Arizona . And has a property management handling them. This man was upset that I have no interest in him. He has bought me things to buy me. I've told him to stop.

He has stopped buying things now. We don't talk since April of 2013. He has said he bought things cause he wanted too. I never asked this man for a thing. I always told him to stop. Now he asked a few weeks ago in emails for some stuff back that he gave me. Wouldn't those things he bought me considered gifts? I have documents in emails he said that he bought those and gave them to me cause he wanted to and still would. Now he's holding that over my head. This is why I kept telling him to stop buying and giving. Are those consider gifts ? Should I give it back? I have not filed a police report yet. I need advice. All this has had me really under emotional stress . Scared !!! I have always paid my rent on time. I take care of the house I rent keep it nice and clean inside and out. I don't have the money to move or a place to go. Can he throw me out. I like the neighborhood I've been here two years May 31,2013. I never led this man on. Please help !!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should really speak to an attorney who is well versed in landlord-tenant law who can advise you as to what your rights are.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at


I agree with Attorney Madison. I'd also add that things that he gave you should be considered gifts unless he gave them to you with a condition. Consider getting a restraining order, but your first step should be to consult with an attorney.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. My answer to you did not create an attorney-client relationship. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700