Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

Can a mother contest to having their child legitimated after 15 years by the child's birth father so he can't have visitation?

First off, my son's father and I were never married to each other. Now after 15yrs he wants to take me to court to get visitation rights. Please know that during those 15yrs, he has always been my son's "ghost dad" because he has only been around for an average of 6 months (if I had to add all the time together). His father lives about 45 minutes away from us, so it's not like he has to travel a long way to see our son. He chose to live his life without my son being a part of it. Now, after 15yrs, he wants to take me to court to get visitation rights to my child. Because he is on child support through CSE, he did have a DNA test which says he is the father, but he has never signed the birth certificate or tried to legitimize him. Is there a way I can keep him from doing this?

| 3 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content

28731EB2-58E3-4EAD-9AF7-03A80A94D0EF