Skip to main content

Can a misdemeanor for shoplifting be sealed in Colorado?

Denver, CO |

I was convicted of shoplifting with a one year probation. The parole officer did not even require me to attend classes as I was on two potent medications for asthma and try-geminal neuralgia which caused bad results including hallucinations. I've never had to take them before so I did not realize what would happen.
The fees were paid and the case closed August the 3rd of this year. I am starting an environmental company and wanted to move to British Columbia but with that on my record, do not feel I can. Also, I work with Seniors in Medicare Plans and cannot apply to any other insurance companies with that showing. Can it be sealed and if so, what would be the cost.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, unfortunately not if it was a conviction.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


My guess is you are asking whether you can just make it all go away on paper. Because it was a conviction, however, as Mr. Leroi points out, it cannot be expunged/sealed.

Good luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Sorry; The sealing statute does not apply to this situation

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer