Skip to main content

Can a marital settlement agreement be set aside before the Judge signs it?

Lake Mary, FL |

My husband's attorney drafted a settlement agreement that we both signed, but no final hearing was ever requested and nothing has been finalized. If we are both in agreement to set it aside and redo part of the agreement, is that possible and if so, how do we do it? I cannot get any answers from his attorney and I do not have one.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, you can rewrite it or amend it. Just make sure you do before the judge signs off on it. It will probably be done in chambers rather than in court.


It can be amended.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.