Skip to main content

Can a lawyer be sued for malpractice?

Doylestown, PA |

My live in boyfriend is an attorney. Although he wasn't my divorce attorney, he negotiated my alimony and child support with my divorce attorney. He told my attorney that I didn't need LIFETIME alimony, since we'd be getting married. He negotiated a lesser child support for the same reason.

He just recently kicked me out of the house because he's going through something.

Can he be brought up on malpractice? Can I sue him for my lost $$.

Once you give up alimony, you don't get it back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I don't think you can sue your ex-boyfriend for legal malpractice, no. Initially, there was no attorney-client relationship between you two: he was your boyfriend. Indeed, you had a divorce attorney -- which also argues in favor of your ex-boyfriend not representing you.

Best of luck to you.

Cary B. Hall, Esquire
Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.
121 East Chestnut Street, Suite 205
Souderton, PA 18964
T: (267) 663-9995
F: (215) 525-4364

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer