Skip to main content

Can a Juvenile get married while in a RYDC?

Tiger, GA |

This Juvenile is 18 years old and his fiance is not allowed to visit him. He wasnts to know, with an attorneys help is there any way that him and his fiance could get married while he is incarcerated?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


While there probably isn't anything that a lawyer could force the RYDC personnel to do per some statute or regulation govering the RYDC, someone may be able to arrange for a marriage ceremony via the phone with the fiancee and an authorized individual (i.e., a minister or probate court judge) on the other end of the phone line. Unfortunately, this isn't something that a lawyer can do much about, if at all. Good luck.


I agree with Mr. Rice. This is going to be up to the administrator of the RYDC. If they are not inclined to allow the marriage to take place on site, and I would be surprised if they did, find out if it can be done by phone and if they would allow that.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation