Can a judge revoke a bond if it is not in the requirements?

Steelville, MO |

My dad had his bond revoked for something that was not listed on the condtions of the bond

Without the bond requirements and the evidence before the court, it's impossible to explain what happened. The direct answer to you question though is Yes. If I knew what evidence the court had that prompted the revocation, I could possibly provide further insight.

A judge can always review the conditions set for bond based on new factors. Can a judge revoke a bond? Yes. You need to review this matter with his criminal defense attorney for advice.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Yes. More facts are required, however, for me to give you an answer with greater specificity.

Yes, there are other reasons that may lead a judge to revoke bond. Your dad should talk with a local attorney.