Skip to main content

Can a hospital or dr be held liable for the death of your unborn child

Erie, PA |

wasnt told about an infection until months after my 1st prenatal appt then the medication that was given didnt help was never told i still had the infection after going back to dr's appt and having blood and sonogram done few weeks later went into early labor my daughter lived for 1hr 28mins without any help or medical treatment from dr"s have been given the run around about getting my medical records

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Getting a good personal injury lawyer is a recommended step. First, he or she almost certainly will bring training to bear on the situation. Second, he or she will have the training necessary to assist you and not make errors that limit what you might be entitled to recover.

So, I observe you should get a personal injury lawyer.

Because this matter is so important - especially in light of what you posted - you should really get a lawyer.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide, "Successful Start for a Personal Injury Lawsuit"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.


I'm very sorry. I hope by now you've found yourself a good lawyer and have had the benefit of a thorough review of the records, including a review by an independent and qualified physician. I hope also that you are recovering from your loss.

If you haven't yet been to a lawyer, please consider seeing one soon. The statute of limitations on claims like yours is two years. If you don't have the appropriate paperwork filed and served within that time, you will lose all or part of your claim. And a lawyer will need time to do a good investigation and prepare the case. Ideally, the lawyer should have at least six months to prepare your case but it can be done more rapidly if that is what is required. So, if you haven't done so already, act soon to see a lawyer.

You should consider going to This is an organization to which I belong and it's members focus their practice in areas of personal injury, including medical malpractice. You can find more information there about lawyers who handle your type of case. I would also be pleased to discuss it with you if you'd like.

I wish you well.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer