Skip to main content

Can a green card holder by marriage obtain one for me, his mother, a UK citizen with an E2 visa?,

Yucaipa, CA |

I, the mother, have been living in the US for seven years and own a small business

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


No, a green card holder cannot sponsor their parents. If your son obtains his citizenship (eligible after 3 years if his marriage is to a US Citizen), then he can sponsor you as an "immediate relative", a visa for which there is no quota.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer