Skip to main content

Can a grandparent with temporary legal guardianship of minor children, deny the mother any visitation rights at their whim?

Cabot, AR |

This is a situation that has gotten further out of control over the past seven years that the paternal grandparents have had temporary guardianship. Now, for the past year, they have denied me, the mother of two minor children 8 and 9, even the most basic visitation rights. They demand that I take a supervised drug test at a testing facility, but refuse to get a court order to prove their ability to make me do such a thing. I have no criminal record. This is one power struggle that has turned into a nightmare. Please Help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It depends on what the order appointing the grandparents as guardians. If the order does not provide that you have visitation, you should petition the court to modify its order to award you specified visitation. If the court believes it is in your children's best interest it can order that you have visitation - and place any conditions on visitation that it deems appropriate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer