Can A felon legally own a bow and can a felon bow hunt (violent or non-violent)

Grand Island, NE |

i have been looking for days for an answer to my question and i cant really seem to find one

I am a Florida lawyer, not Nebraska. I found this by searching online. I cannot verify its correctness. You need to consult a NE attorney for that. http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php?topic=5414.0:

"Nebraska State Statute 28-1201 (1) Firearm means any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or frame or receiver of any such weapon".

"Nebraska State Statute 28-1206 (b) Possession of a deadly weapon which is a firearm by a prohibited person is a Class ID Felony for the first offense and a Class IB for a second or subsequent offense."

"Nebraska State Statute 28-109 Deadly weapon shall mean any firearm, knife, bludgeon, or other device, instrument, material, or substance whether animate or inanimate, which in the manner it is used or intended to be used is capable of producing death or serious bodily injury."

"Nebraska State Statute 28-1206 (3)(a) Possession of a deadly weapon which is not a firearm by a prohibited person is a Class III felony."

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Doubt a felony can bow hunt, but talk with a law enforcement agent and if they say yes then get it in writing.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.