Skip to main content

Can A Father sign away his parental rights and get away without paying child support in the the state of TN?

Chattanooga, TN |

My son's father so far has never met or even asked to visit with his son. He just now was served paper like a month or two ago the day of court regarding paternity? He denied being the father and requested a DNA test to be done. Which the test proved he is my son' father. But he is still avoiding? His parents retained him a attorney, can he actually sign his parental right over and not have to pay child support. Even though I am a single mom who is received state assistance to help with his child?

+ Read More

Attorney answers

There are no attorney answers yet. But, check back regularly—people often get a response within 12 hours.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer