Skip to main content

Can a false acussing victim be held Liable for my personal emotions injured

Los Angeles, CA |

i was falsely accused by a victim ,claiming i had her goods .turns out we bough from the same supplier .
she told cops she was the maker of the good s .she lied and i was arrested, bail out and process. Video shows im innocent as receipts too.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There can be no lawsuit against a person filing a police report in good faith, even if in error. There can be liability for filing an intentionally false police report.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


I agree with Mr. Doland; as long as the police report was filed in good faith, you likely have no case.

The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless both you and the author have signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not the author's client, and the author's discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and are neither privileged nor confidential.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer