Can a F1 student get deported for threat of assault?

Dallas, TX |

I recently got assault by threat class c misdemeanor citation in texas. Can the US government deport me for this reason. I did not threaten anyone but I had a baseball bat in my hands and was in an argument. The person who called the cops was a us citizen and the police officer gave me citation for threat.

Show the record of conviction to an experienced immigration attorney.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Not under the facts you presented. A "citation" or warning never got any one "deported" until now. It's a little bit more than a bad joke.. But please make sure to control your temper from now one. That "citation" added to something else in the future could create a much bigger headache, and enrich criminal (and immigration) lawyers as a result.. You don't want that.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

true

You bet. An F-1 non-immigrant visa is as revocable as any other issued visa, provided there are valid grounds for that. From what you described, however, does not rise to the level of the ICE initiating the removal proceedings, yet, if the school revokes your F-1 and some good Samaritan drops a dime to the DHS ICE, they ay pick you up.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Have an immigration lawyer review conviction

www.Low-Fee-Immigration-Lawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

good point

Have an immigration lawyer read the language