Skip to main content

Can a ex lawyer that was disbarred from practicing law be allowed to ???

San Jose, CA |

to be a paralegal and fill out court forms ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

If you are the lawyer, the specific duties should be described to the State Bar, who will advise you. The details of the services performed, e.g. interviewing clients, will be very important.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


I know of no prohibition against this. The paralegal would, of course, have to be supervised by a licensed attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


To add to the other responses here, you may find this interesting...I know of atleast one disbarred attorney in Kentucky who works as a mediator. Some of the judges frequently appoint him in cases, too.


Many disbarred attorneys find work as paralegals in California and other states.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer