Can a dui hinder me from getting a cdl in az?

Gilbert, AZ |

It will not prevent you from obtaining a CDL in AZ, however failure to disclose the conviction will result in a denial of your application. Also, you may not obtain a CDL if your license is currently suspended or restricted.

If your license is suspended in another state, then Arizona DMV will likely find out about it through what is referred to as a Compact where the vast majority of the states share DMV records. If your current license is valid with no suspension, then the prior dui conviction should not cause any issues with AZ issuing you a license.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

I agree with my colleague.

Yes. Pursuant to ARS 28-3312(A)(1), MVD will disqualify a person from driving a commercial vehicle for one year. for DUI while driving a commercial vehicle, any DUI or admin per se (refusing to take a chemical test) in a non-commercial vehicle. Permanent revocation occurs if the driver is convicted of DUI twice, in a lifetime.