Skip to main content

Can a diplomatic visa holder apply for EB-5 visa?

Washington, DC |

If I am in the USA working in an embassy with a diplomatic visa can I apply for the EB-5 visa? Do I or any of my family members have to leave the USA?
Thank you

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


Not necessarily, unless either you and or your family members choose to apply through the US consulate abroad rather than with USCIS in the US.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes and you don't necessarily have to leave.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.



No one needs to leave ... if the lawyer you use does things correctly.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.