Skip to main content

Can a corporation sue an person for money owed? what type of attorney handles this cases.

New York, NY |

My company rented a trailer to a person for few months he owed me $3,200 he sign a paper with a notary willing to pay the amount in a time frame of 6 months. He assume to pay a certain amount of money each and he said he would deposit the money to my bank account he never did one single deposit what can I do? what type of attorney can help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes you may sue in small claims. You need an attorney that handles litigation.


I doubt a lawyer will take the case as the amount is too small. You will likely have to sue by yourself in small claims court.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Yes a corporation can sue. You need a collection attorney.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.


Dear can a corporation sue?

Yes. You must initiate the claim in the Commercial Claims section of the Small Claims Court and a commercial claim may be prosecuted without an attorney.

Follow the link for proper information.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.