Can a cop drive my truck out of my yard?

Cleveland, OH |

2 weeks ago 2 cleveland cops were waiting in my yard. As soon as I got out of my truck the one cop snagged the keys out of my hand and asked, is this truck registered to you. I told them it was in my exes name but my truck and am waiting to get the title changed over. He then drove away in my truck. just yesterday I seen that same cop driving my truck with the same tags on it. Is this legal or should I get a lawyer?

Best Answer

You should get a lawyer immediately. Have you contacted your ex? what is she saying? You should get to the bottom of this immediately.

well she blocked my number and wont even allow me to talk to my children... I do have a lawyer for custody and have mediation tomorrow for that. After we split though for 2 months I drove my truck and after she was served the custody papers is when the cop drove off in my truck.