Skip to main content

Can a convicted felon (drugs) and still uses drugs get joint custody of my child?

Houston, TX |
Attorney answers 1


I'm Sorry, but Probably highly unlikely. Get treatment, show a pattern of good choices and a clean lifestyle, exercise all visitation rights, pay child support on time, and then go to court to seek custody. You will still have one hell of a fight, but if your currently using, you won't ever get them. In fact, you can get terminated.

the answer to your question is not intended to constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. The answer provided is based on the information given in the question and in no way should it substitute consulting with a local attorney about your matter. As with all legal matters, before taking any action on your own, consult a qualified professional to determine whether you need to hire an attorney to assist you.