Skip to main content

Can a contractor sue me because I want to renegotiate his pay.

Cedar Park, TX |

A contract was never sign by either parties. I just paid him a percentage of the Gross. I need a contract sign by him, but the original percentage may go down. Or he will be paid the Gross after a 15% has been deducted from the Gross. If an agreement is not made can he sue me. Can I terminate him and not be sued for retaliation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


As long as you don't try to change it retroactively, you should be fine. Unless you have some sort of agreement that precludes you from firing him or changing the terms of your agreement, then both of you are free to walk away from the existing arrangement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer