Skip to main content

Can a Colombian citizen with a US permanent resident status, obtained through asylum, go back to their country of citizenship

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

As a Colombian citizen with a permanent resident (green card) status in the U.S., obtained through political asylum, is there any way to go back to my country of citizenship without jeopardizing my permanent resident status or even my re-entry to the U.S.?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Let me say this clearly, DO NOT GO TO COLOMBIA!!!!

You can go once you are a citizen do NOT go prior to that time. The CBP/USCIS can revoke your green card and your asylum Do not take this risk,

Best regards,

Charles H. Kuck
Managing Partner
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC--The Immigration Law Firm
8010 Roswell Road, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30350
Phone: 404/816-8611
Fax: 404/816-8615
Direct Dial: 404/949-8154 Toll Free: 1-866-286-6200
Follow us on Twitter: or
Join me on at
Join us on — Search within Facebook for “Kuck Immigration Group LLC”
Sign up for our podcasts on -- Search “The Immigration Hour”
Read our blog at

Solutions for Your Immigration Problems
With additional offices in Charlotte, North Carolina, Orlando, Florida, and Gainesville and Dalton, Georgia.