Skip to main content

Can a class c felony every be taken off your record for picking up a child out of a crib in childcare & breaking leg?

Everett, WA |

My imature daughter of 22 (ADHD )was charged with a felony for possibly breaking the leg of a childcare child. Only evidence was Dr.Report saying that the leg had to be treated roughly to have been broke. Even though parents had not taken child to doctor for three days after my daughter told them the concern about the leg. Prosecutor frightend her with a long jail sentance if found gulity. She was offered to have a mis. and once again she was stupid and got on the internet and told everyone she was not guilty. The judge heard and said no she had to plead quilty or go to trial. Her public defender did little to help. They told her to plead quilty and do the 30 days work realease becuase they could not be sure she would be found innocent. This has messed up her life. Please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You should definitely consult an attorney who handles expungements in your state. Frequently, the answer to your question will depend on what exact crime the person was convicted of committing. I have succeeded at expunging convictions in situations where even other attorneys doubted that expungement would be possible. This is important enough to your daughter's future to consult an attorney. You will not get an adequate answer to your question by using a free online service such as this.


No. forget about expungement.

I truly wish you the best.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.


The previous answer is most likely correct - but to be sure, take a look at RCW 9.94A.640 (link at bottom of this answer). That statute states what the criteria are for having a charge vacated. It sounds like she was convicted of either a "violent offense" or a "crime against persons", either of which would make her ineligible to have the charge vacated. But she should meet with an attorney before she gives up hope.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer