Skip to main content

Can a city employee file a grievance for hostility in the work place?

Ardmore, OK |

A municipal employee resigns effective immediately (walked out) due to hostility in the work place after being on FMLA. Can that employee file a case against the city?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes. A municipal employer still has the same duties of a private attorney. Depending on the sircumstances though, they may have some immunity depending on what happened, whether it was documented, was it reported and to whom, and whether they took any corrective action. You should find an attorney that handles employment law and is familiar with the FMLA.

John Hunsucker