Skip to main content

Can a child support order be terminated if the custodial parent does not want to recieve support and they have also relocated

Saint Louis, MO |

My Brother is miliatary and has had my children since 2005, in 2009 the state filed child support against just me not the children father. I and no longer working and the family has since relocated to another state. How do I stop this order against me? I also reside in a different state. Is allowing my kids to be adopted the only way to put an end to this case and prevent another from being opened?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Sometimes, the issues confronted are so very specific that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a proper analysis by way of a summary posting on an internet site. I understand your concern. I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best. Please click the ‘thumbs up’ tab below if you find this answer helpful. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer