Skip to main content

Can a Child Support Agency force me to provide pay stubs every month for a year or longer?

Dallas, TX |

I currently have a IWO for child support from Illinois, live in TX. The child support payments get taken out of my paycheck, never been in arrears, have notified the agency of all changes and have always complied. I was told by the case worker to provide stubs every month for a year to show my earnings since I was moving from IL to TX. I provided the case worker with 8 pay stubs and they based the new withholding amount based off of that. I am now being called to court since I have not been providing ALL pay stubs every month since the last modification. Why am I being forced to do this? Neither my employer, hourly rate, or position have changed and no payments have been missed. Can the agency force me to send ALL pay stubs every month? This is excessive, feels as I'm being punished.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need advice from your own lawyer, based on review of the case.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


You should contact a family law attorney in Illinois for advice on what is reasonable and allowed in that state. Unfortunately, most Texas attorneys will not have an understanding of the rules and regulations for support orders coming out of another state. Best of luck to you!


You are asking questions about an Illinois order and procedure to Texas attorneys. You need to pose your questions to attorneys licensed in Illinois.

Ms. Laster practices in Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant Counties. Principal office located in Lake Dallas, Texas. This does not establish an attorney/client relationship.