Skip to main content

Can a child come home? If he wants to? CPS took him away because eldest sister scared other siblings to lie to get taken away.

Honolulu, HI |

His oldest sister scared her younger sisters to make false accusations against parents. This sister is outraged that their father is swapping her clothes with more decent ones, ones not too tight where the body shape is exposed. He is concerned, she has a sister who didn't graduate from and became a teenage mother. She is also jealous of her younger brother. Recently on a daily basis she constantly said that her brother's birthday was coming up, and yet she planned to get herself and her other siblings taken away. This is not a normal experience, especially for her younger brother. He should be happy and excited during the days leading up to his birthday. Asking, what is planned for his special day. However now, he will most likely endure trauma. Can he come home if he says he wants to?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


No, a child taken away by CPS can't just come home when he wants to. Usually, children can come back whenever the safety/parenting plan that CPS has put into place has been satisfied. You should hire a lawyer and discuss this with him/her.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.


Seek the advice of an experienced Family Law attorney right away. CPS does not just willy nilly take a child out of his or her home, so you need to find out what the allegations were. Is the older sister minor? Is someone trying to get guardianship? You need an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer