Skip to main content

Can a child 23 be a payee representative over there mom since they just got out of jail on may 15,2013 and is a herion addict

High Point, NC |

he has been on herion and taking pills and she is a acholic and on pills

+ Read More

Filed under: Social security
Attorney answers 1


While the mom may need a payee for her addiction, it would not be a good idea to assign another addict as a payee. Not only would that be stupid, but its unlikely the child would be able to accomplish the duties of a representative payee.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC