Skip to main content

Can a Beneficiary in a will get paid earlier then dictated in a will in the state of new jersey

Houston, TX |

I do have a payout but it is a incremental payout over the course of 15 years, every 5 years, it is a small estate and i have asked the executor can he pay it all out now since it is such a small amount.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You would need a court order to change the distribution plan in estate documents.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


You will need to consult an experienced probate lawyer in New Jersey if that is where the Will was probated. Every state's laws are different and once you cross the Red River going north, they get very very different.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.


You need to consult with local NJ counsel to explore whether you may be able to get a court order to adjust or modify the distribution schedule.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con