Skip to main content

Can a 18 year old that has been kicked out of her moms house and is still attending high school get child support from her mom?

Chino Hills, CA |

Her dad is paying her mom child support for her they aren't together. The 18 year old is pregnant with twins and currently living with her boy friends parents.

+ Read More

Filed under: Child support
Attorney answers 2


No. The 18 year old cannot collect support. Child support is from one parent to the other parent. If the child is not living at home and the parent receiving support is not contributing to the support of the child, the paying parent can ask the court to stop the payments. But the court will not order payment directly to the child.

Michael Schwerin, San Jose, California phone: 408-295-4232 email: Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.


You have already asked this question. And, it was already answered by myself and others.